Monday, December 19, 2011

Movie Comparison--Straw Dogs. 2011 vs Straw Dogs, 1971

Recently I was reviewing DVDs to buy for our library when I came across the 2011 remake of Straw Dogs. I bought it, as well as the 1971 version, and thought they would be fun to compare.

I watched the 2011 version this past weekend, and whoa! I forgot the amount of violence in the original movie -- which this one echoed. It is a very intense movie with the tension mounting evermore steadily until the climax occurs with all issues exploding to a head. The remake changes the setting, but overall the story is the same. I thought the original movie was very well acted and that it was a very good movie for the genre, and I have to say the same for the 2011 movie. Both are good, but be prepared to be scared.

Watch the trailers below to see if you can handle watching the movies. Which one do you like better?

Straw Dogs, 1971

Movie trailer for Straw Dogs, 1971

Straw Dogs, 2011



Movie trailer for Straw Dogs, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment